Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Update on Bugs and a New Poll

Hello everybody!

    So, as of my last post, I had four major bugs. First, I could not connect clients to a server on a different network (only LAN worked). It was discovered that this issue was due to firewall issues, and it has been mostly FIXED. I just need to perform a few more tests.

    Second, the client program would not close properly. When someone closed the client, the window would close, but the program stayed running until it was ended from Task Manager. This problem has been FIXED.

    Third, the settings screen stopped showing up. When the game was launched, a screen is supposed to pop up asking what sort of graphics settings you want to use. This screen stopped showing up, but I also discovered how to change settings manually! So, for now, I'll set basic settings, but eventually I will create a custom settings menu for the game to use. This was what I intended to do anyway, so I consider this problem to be FIXED.

   The fourth, and still troublesome issue, is the fact that my code likes to jump. For some odd reason, I've been getting errors, different each time the program runs, about one of numerous different things not loading properly or not initializing. These issues all seem to be because my code isn't running in order. I intend to go through and make sure my code is unambiguous and organized properly. I'll make sure it gets sorted, but for now, it is NOT FIXED.

    That's my status report. Let me know what you think. I'm very interested in getting lots of feedback from you all. And that brings me to the topic of the poll. I might be interested in making a forum. If I do, I'll use it to take suggestions and discuss new ideas, but I'd still want to use the blog as the main source of updates. Opinions, all?

Thanks,
-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment