Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Multiplayer and Choosing a Direction!

Hello everybody!

   I'm glad to see that several followers have already taken me up on my Weekend Special Offer! Thank you so much to everybody who's donated $3.00 to add a custom item to the game thus far! =) (Details in previous post!)

   So I have two big updates today. First, I finally got my Multiplayer Server and Multiplayer Client working together!


   This means that as of tomorrow, I can begin coding things that will appear in my first release! I need to mess around with how I want the game to handle the environment; whether it should be based in the server or on the client's computer. I'm also trying to decide if I want it to be one big server, or if people should be able to host their own servers for friends. Whats YOUR input on that issue? If you check the right hand side of the screen, you'll see that's the new Poll topic! Just be aware that hosting one big server does cost money, which could potentially make fees a necessity at some point.


   That brings me to my second topic. I've decided on a rough direction in which I want to take this game. I'm going to be designing a Multiplayer RPG game. I'm not 100% sure about a setting, but I'm thinking it might be some sort of historic setting with technological overtones. I did get lots of votes to make it a stealth game, however, so I'm thinking of incorporating that somehow as well. So do not fret!

Feel free to leave me feedback on anything you've read here by leaving a comment.

Thanks again everyone for your continued support!
-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment