Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Multiplayer Worlds and a Fancy Banner

Hello all,

    As you may have noticed, I made a neat little banner for the page, as you can see above. I think it adds a little bit of life to the page, although it is still rather dull! I'll see what I can do in the coming days.

   So I have some news! After I got my client to connect to my server, I discovered that I could not send the map/objects/lighting/terrain from the server to the client. This was very disappointing, and set me back a bit. Luckily, after an hour of trying different things and messing around with some features, I discovered a way to translate the scene graph from the server to the client in a much more efficient way than I originally intended! I can only imagine that this is how it was intended to work, but the server/client engine I'm using has almost no documentation, so I'm pretty much on my own.

    Long story short, I'm back on track and about ready to move forward again! I now have a server running, allowing several clients to connect and see one world! The next step is to give each client some sort of location marker (IE: A Player Model) and have it update its location to each client when it moves.

Wish me luck!
- Dan

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan, Josh(aka slashaar) here. Lemme know if you want some alpha/beta testers. Email me at slashaar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete