Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Pre-ALPHA 3.0 has Arrived!

Hey guys!

    The moment you've all been waiting for, or at least the moment I've been waiting for, is finally here after several days of intensive coding! I'm finally ready to announce Pre-ALPHA 3. I decided that for the new version, instead of bombarding you with pictures like I usually do, that I'd make a short video instead. So I'm going to go ahead and talk about a few of the new changes, and then I welcome you all to view my video below!

    First of all, my bug list has been completed. I've taken care of every documented game bug to date! And yes, that includes the "Back to Game" button in the main menu. The Back to Game button is now functional! Speaking of the main menu, I've also added textures for the main menu buttons finally!

    Moving on to game play, I've completely reworked the HUD (Heads Up Display), and changed the inventory a bit. The inventory now displays all four player stats, as well as item modifiers for those stats, which have been fully integrated! It also displays the amount of in-game currency you have! I introduced a currency system called "Fangs". I'm not sure if that name will be temporary yet, but for now, I like it! I've also created an item type that can hurt the player, such as poison. I'm not sure what this will lead to in the future, but I created it with the intent of it becoming a weapon. You will also notice in the inventory screen that there is a "Drop Item" button now. The purpose of this is so you can delete items from your inventory. You'll also notice that the "Unequip" and "Use" buttons are now the same. It switches between one and the other depending on what item is selected!

    I've also added a new quest type called "Courier". Essentially, the point is to bring an item from person A to person B. The item is designated a "Quest Item", which means it cannot be used, worn, or dropped. Another addition to quests you may see are quest rewards! You can now get Fangs (money), EXP, or Items as prizes from quests!

    But why do you need money, you may ask? Well, I've also created a shop system. Some NPCs now own shops. You can talk to them to view their shop and buy anything they may be offering.

    Aside from all these big changes, I've also gone through and begun optimizing my code. One large fix was discovered by the lovely Sarah, regarding my HP system. So many thanks to her! The game is running more smoothly, reliably, and interactively as ever. (Is that a proper use of "interactively"? Probably not.)

    Before I release you to see the new game play video, for those of you interested, I have come up with a whole new set of Donation Incentives, so...
Check the Donation Box for a list of new Donation Incentives!

    I'm getting very close to needing cash to hire professionals to help me with models and pictures!

Thanks for all your support guys! Sorry for the wall of text! Enjoy the video:

(I recommend watching in 720p or 1080p!)



- Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment